The history of Executive Women International dates back to 1938 when Lucille Johnson Perkins conceived of the idea of forming an association in which women could work to promote their firms, increase their value to the firm, and better their communities. On March 28, 1938, the initial group met in San Francisco and officially organized.
In May 1939, the Los Angeles business community recognized the value of Tulsa business executives, the value of the organization, and in March of 1956, a chapter was chartered in Tulsa. The membership of the Tulsa Chapter includes executives and key personnel from leading businesses in the Tulsa area.
Throughout its history, the Tulsa Chapter of Executive Women International (EWI) has contributed to the personal and professional growth of its member firms and representatives.
Membership with the Tulsa Chapter creates opportunities for international networking, cutting edge programming, leadership development and community involvement. Today's businesswomen have found that the Tulsa Chapter of EWI provides a needed forum for professional development and lifelong learning.